Interested in the Learnership Programme and the benefits it hold for both employees and employers?
Fill in the form below and we will give you a call.
A learnership is a work-based approach to learning and gaining qualifications for permanent and contract staff and includes both structured work experience (practical) and structured institutional learning (theory).
Various funding options and tax benefits are available for Learnerships in the form of tax rebates and SETA grants.
Thus for the AT(SA), ICB, CIMA Certificate and CGISA qualifications employers may claim an amount on commencement and again on completion of the learner per year that they progress through the learnership. In respect of a learner who holds a qualification equal to NQF level 1-6, the employer qualifies for an annual and completion allowance of R40 000, and in respect of a learner who holds a qualification equal to NQF level 7-10, the employer qualifies for an annual and completion allowance of R20 000.
The tax deduction (to be claimed from SARS as per the Income Tax Act 2009):
|Learner Allowance||Learner (With Disability) Allowance|
|1 – 12 months||R 40,000||R 40,000||R 60,000||R 60,000|
|12 – 24 months||R 40,000||R 40,000||R 60,000||R 60,000|
|24 – 36 months||R 40,000||R 40,000||R 60,000||R 60,000|
|Total||R 120,000||R 120,000||R 180,000||R 180,000|
|Grand Total||R240,000||R 360,000|
|These learnership allowances are for any of the NQF level 3 to 6 qualifications|
SACOB is a tuition (theory) provider for a number of learnerships and provides end-to-end learnership support to ensure the learnerships programmes are successfully completed.
The learnerships are from the following professional bodies:
- Accounting Technicians of South Africa AT(SA) in association with the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants – SAICA
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Governance Institute of Southern Africa (CGISA)
- Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB)
• National Certificate: Bookkeeping (NQF Level 3)
• Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping (NQF Level 4)
• Certificate: Public Sector Accounting (NQF Level 4)
• National Certificate Small Business Financial Management (NQF Level 4 )
• National Diploma: Technical Financial Accountant (NQF Level 5)
• Diploma: Public Sector Accounting (NQF Level 5)
• Certificate: Office Administration (NQF Level 5)
• Senior Office Administrator (NQF Level 5)
Thinking of enrolling some of your staff on learnerships? Let SACOB assist you in the learnership processes to:
- Obtain workplace accreditation, where required, for your organisation with the professional bodies
- Register the learnerships with your SETA and FASSET
- Register your employees with the professional body
- Induct, train, mentor and coach your employees on the learnership programme
- Prepare and register the employees for the assessments
- Assist to ensure correct and timeous completion of all learnership portfolios of evidence
- Assist and support the workplace mentors with the practical components
- Submit monthly reports to management on learners’ performance and progress in their respective learning programme
Need more information? Speak to a course advisor today!