Brand new and only at SACOB!
For a while now we’ve been chatting about offering our students something extra, so you know that when studying at SACOB you leave with more than the average student.
I attended a conference where Ethics came up quite abit, another guest had mentioned that it’s all good and well teaching someone skills but what about Ethics? You could be a good accountant because you know how to crook the books…
I remember thinking how valid that was, especially as a college – we can teach you how to capture someone’s books or how to start your own business but what about the Ethics that are needed. What about empowering you with the knowledge of right from wrong, the knowledge of what’s allowed and what’s not, to know when to say yes but also when to say no, to know how to act professionally and what should be confidential.
SACOB offers many courses in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Entrepreneurship etc – the qualities you need in all of them is trust, professionalism…ETHICS.
Yes, some courses do cover this but not all of them. So what we have decided to do is include an Ethics Module as part of ALL our courses.
Don’t stress, it’s not a whole extra course and it does not impact the actual course / qualification you’ve enrolled for – it’s just an additional module for you to work through in your own time.
And it’s our gift to you so there is no additional charge.
How it works:
- Whether you have enrolled for a SACOB Short Course, an ICB, CIS, IBS course etc you will have access to the Ethics Module.
- It can be found in the Online Classroom so even if you have bought the Standard Support package you will have access to the Online Classroom for this module.
- Once logged in you will see the module on the left hand side under ‘courses’, it will include content in the form of PDF’s.
- It will run like any other Online Classroom – you will be able to watch videos related to the content, complete quizzes, chat to other students as well as your lecturer.
- On completing the module and receiving 70% you will receive a digital certificate of completion.
We hope you will find the benefit in this and enjoy having the extra module. If you have any questions please feel free to contact your course advisor.
Stacey Mackaiser / Principal